Tuesday, January 3, 2012

We're Not Brokenhearted

So, I've gotten some flack for posting that Avery was going to the pediatric cardiologist and then not posting the results of that visit.  Sorry!  (But, I'm pretty sure the 2 of you who were asking already knew everything was okay, Mom & Dad...)

So, no, Avery's heart is not actually broken.  See, evidence:



(Note: I made that in Paint because I'm so scared of SOPA/PIPA.  You can steal it if you want. You're welcome, internets.)

Avery went in for her visit and had an EKG and an Echo.  I brought my nurse posse (aka The Grandmas). The results were that she has mild/moderate pulmonary valve stenosis.  That means that the flap is a little bit thicker than it should be, but if any of your valves are going to be thicker, this is the one you want.  The doctor (who was super fabulous and explained everything in tiny words without making me feel like a moron and didn't judge me for bringing my nurse posse) said that he was very confident that the thickening would not progress and that it wouldn't cause any problems for Avery in the future.  They want to check her again in six months or so, but other than that, nada. 

We're so grateful that this turned out to be a non-issue, and have added an extra prayer every night for the babies whose news is not so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment