Monday, November 7, 2011

Catch Up

Things have been nuts lately.  But mostly nuts in a good way, so yay for that.

Here's what we've been up to:

Avery took her first road trip in October when we went down to Austin for a wedding.  She was great in the car, as usual.  I was also nervous about her sleeping in a strange crib without her mobile, but she did great with that as well and slept soundly through the night. 

On Saturday Avery had her first trip to Zilker Park.  This is where I hung out a lot as a baby, so it's kind of awesome that we got to continue this tradition with her.  We had a quick picnic and then just laid around soaking in the perfect day for awhile.





On of my college roommates and her husband kept Avery while Sam and I were at the wedding.  The wedding was a blast.  We got to see two of my all time favorite people get married, and celebrate with friends we had not seen in far too long.  We laughed, we cried, we had a beer chugging contest in the photo booth.  Pretty perfect.  Except that we took like zero pictures.  Fail.  Oh well, congratulations to Sarah & Aaron!


As mentioned before, we also swung by the pumpkin patch.  Avery was in no mood for pictures, or maybe she's just finally able to express her displeasure when her parents make her do stupid crap like this:
It was super cute when the parents of a very tiny baby did it.  Swears.

Most exciting, though, is that Sam's grandparents have been in town this week to meet Avery.  Love love love these three:

Sam and I really look up to Milton & Miriam and the way they have lived their life and marriage.  Watching them with Avery has been such a huge blessing and we are so glad they could come.

I'm also challenging myself to blog twice a week for the rest of November.  There is so much happening right now, and I know that I will totally kick myself if I don't get at least some of it down.  So until next time, know that we love you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment