For example, did baby Jesus:
- spit up down the back of Mary's 30 billionth fresh tunic right before they were about to leave for the market?
- wait until Mary's cart was full and then decide to go into freak out mode for no apparent reason?
- have dirty diapers so massive they made Mary say, "Oh, Jesus!" and call Joseph over to look?
- sleep through the night from birth?
- be all sweet and nursing and then grab Mary's breast with his baby razor claws?
- cry for so long Mary made Joseph strap him on the donkey and take a ride around the block?
Then the shepherds show up to check out her baby and discuss what the angels told them. And "Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart." (Luke 2:19) Well, I'll bet so.
See, this new mom thing is stressful. (And I'm only basing this on my own personal experience, maybe the rest of you paid more attention in the
Then, there's Mary. Whose baby is most decidedly not just a normal human. But she does not freak out. Instead, she treasures it all up and she ponders it.
So, thank you, Mary, for reminding me to not freak out. Our situations are incredibly different for sure, but I can try to focus less on the unknown and spend more time treasuring moments with my daughter and trusting in your son. Blessed are you among women, homegirl.